Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cayenne Pepper---good for what ails ya!

So I spent most of the month of February hacking up one lung or the other and generally feeling quite ill and unhappy. I guess this horrid bug was going around and I got caught in the crosshairs. March arrived and I have great expectations but the other day I realized I was getting a sore throat. "Oh No!" I gasped to myself, this is how my plague started in February! I made an appointment to see the Doc, but that is 48 hours away, so I began to search for homeopathic remedies that sounded good. And boy, did I find one!

Now, I only recommend this for people who tolerate hot foods well, or in general don't consider themselves wussies in the spice pantry. You take about a half a coffee mug full of lemonade, but make sure this is the stuff that has ACTUAL sugar or at least Agave in it. None of that artificially sweetened stuff. Put your mug of lemonade in the microwave for one minute and then stir in a heaping tablespoon of honey. When that is dissolved, and 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and stir. Drink it down as quickly as you can and your sore throat will be gone in moments.

Don't freak out! The sugar in the lemonade actually takes away most of the spice heat, that is why it's important to use real sweetener. Repeat whenever it recurs.***


*** I am not a health professional, just someone who found great results with this method for myself.

No comments: